It’s your wedding day! Congratulations! This is one of the most important days of your life, and you want everything to be perfect. Of course, you’ll want to remember this day forever with beautiful photos.
However, choosing a wedding photographer can sometimes be a daunting and even stressful experience for couples who already have a lot on their plate and a lot of decisions to make!
I always like to go out of my way to make my couples feel relaxed, comfortable, and more than anything confident in their decision to choose me as their wedding photographer.
Then I make sure that in the run-up and on the day of their wedding their photographs are a stress-free enjoyable experience!
So, I thought it would be a good idea to help put together some wedding photography tips for couples to help them make the most of their day and get the most amazing photographs at the end.
1. Plan ahead. Talk to your photographer about what kind of photos you’d like and make a list of must-have shots. This will help ensure that you get the specific photos that you want.
2. Relax and have fun. Your wedding day is supposed to be a happy occasion, so don’t stress out about getting perfect photos. Enjoy yourself and let your personality shine through in the pictures.
3. Choose the right photographer. Make sure to do your research and pick a photographer whose style you love. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them on your wedding day, so it’s important that you feel comfortable with them.
4. Pay attention to the details. From what you’re wearing to the decorations, every detail of your wedding day is important. Be sure to take photos of all the special details so you can remember them forever.
5. Get everyone involved. In addition to traditional posed shots, be sure to get candid shots of your guests enjoying themselves. These types of photos are often some of the most cherished memories from weddings. Opting for a 2 photographer package is a great way to ensure you get another angle, and use the portrait/family photos time to get some photos of your guests enjoying themselves.
6. Take advantage of the location. If you’re getting married somewhere with a beautiful view, be sure to take some photos against the backdrop. These can make for very stunning and memorable wedding photos.
7. Get creative. Don’t be afraid to try out new ideas or poses. The best photos often come from thinking outside the box. Trust your photographer to guide you, but if something feels too cringe – tell them. The couples portraits are very much a collaborative process and communication is key.
8. Timing is everything. Be sure to discuss with your photographer what time of day would be best for taking photos. The lighting can have a big impact on how your photos turn out, so it’s important to plan accordingly and take their advice on board.
9. Weather matters. If you’re worried about bad weather on your wedding day, talk to your photographer about contingency plans. They’ll likely have some great ideas for how to make the most of less-than-ideal conditions. Be realistic and make it clear as to what you are or arent prepared to do in the eventuality of rain. Prepare with some cool umbrellas in the hope that you wont need them – and if you do, they’ll look great in pictures.
10. Be prepared. On the day of your wedding, have the important things you might want photographed like specific jewellery, perfume/aftershave, flowers, lockets etc in an easy-to-find spot & then let go, trust that they have this and focus on enjoying your day. You’re getting married!
By following these wedding photography tips, you can rest assured that you’ll get beautiful photos that you’ll cherish forever. Relax and enjoy your big day, and let your photographer capture all the amazing moments!
If you are looking for a wedding photographer in Scotland then I would love to help, I have many years wedding photography experience for couples throughout Scotland and would love to chat to see if we are a good match for your big day!